July 1, 2012

SOLDIERS OF MISFORTUNE - Unreleased Demo & Live (1999)

This is what I like to call Soldiers Of Misfortune 'Mach II'. These are the recordings of the later line-up after the original band first split up in early '97. They were given to me by their singer, Pete on a 'Best Of' burnt CD that also included a few demo songs from "Pay Attention". 
Updated 11.26.16
Tracks 1-5 were from a rough demo recorded sometime in 1999. Track 2 was taken from a 2nd generation tape I recently found in my garage after I thought it was lost forever. 6-15 were from a live soundboard recording at The Columbia Hotel in Vancouver, also from '99. Again, like their earlier material, it's a shame these songs were never recorded in a proper studio and officially released.

1. Question
2. Alcoholic With A Gun
3. Division
4. Heritage
5. Thanks For Nothing
6. Who The Fuck...
7. Untitled
8. Strapped
9. Old Macdonald
10. I4NI
11. Everybody Dies
12. Raining Blood
13. Mommy
14. Average Joe
15. Something More


2 comments:

  1. Shawn taught me how to cut stencils when I was a teenager. I'd love to reconnect with these guys so if you know where they are, please let me know. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn and Pete are on Facebook, not sure about the other members. If you're not on FB I can pass along your email to them? Cheers!

      Delete